ABB offers a complete solution for motor control and protection. For the efficient and safe operation of industrial process automation systems, full control of performance is required. The offered products for commissioning of motors are characterized by optimized functionality, durability of use, compact size, ergonomics, convenience and ease of maintenance.
ABB product range for motor protection and control
- circuit breakers for protection of electric motors and transformers up to 80 A, compact and reliable devices for fuseless operation, wide range of accessories
- contactors and contactor relays for rated currents up to 2850 A, universal range with a wide voltage range, electronic control, AC/DC, versions for direct connection to the PLC, a wide range of accessories for expansion
- ultra compact mini contactors and mini contactor relays for rated currents up to 20 A, available in three connection terminals (screw, pin and solder)
- thermal and electronic overload relays, rated currents up to 200 A and up to 1250 A, respectively, protection against overload and phase failure, built-in TEST and STOP functions, status indication, temperature compensation, choice of automatic or manual reset
- thermistor protection relay for monitoring the temperature of motor windings, diagnostics and troubleshooting (overheating, overload and insufficient cooling), a wide range of configurations and functions
- compact hybrid starters for direct and reversing, with overload protection and emergency stop function (SIL 3, PL e), housing width only 22.5 mm, side by side mounting, fine adjustment